Monday, January 23, 2012

From Alex in his new niche

DAY ONE AT NGCS

Today is the first day in college, its looking great, nothing bad so far. Am just trying to adapt with the environment and trying to catch up the with the fact of living without Made In the Streets which is my family. I miss my friends already but I will try as hard as I can to catch up with the fact that they are not around but continue to love them as if they are by my side. It is my prayer that everything will turn out OK for me, best because all this I know am doing it for the lord and He will make everything turn out right. As far as I know the food here is wow! just missing some of Brian's' spiced food which has always left me licking my fingers. The bed is not big but it is OK at least my body fits in it but I really miss my warm bed that is filled with love. The dormitories are great; we have sitting toilets and the bathrooms are WOW! Can you imagine we have a bathtub in our dorm, that is so amazing. The dinning room is OK, it fits us all. It is not what I expected with the teachers, they don't live here with us, they just come in the morning and leave in the evening.

DAY TWO AT NGCS

Today I woke up, not that early because we had no classes today and I enjoyed the bathtub for the first time. It is enjoyable. The sleep was not that good because I am not used with this kind of bed. At night it is cold I guess I will have to bring another blanket. We had breakfast, ate six slices of bread and as much tea as you want. In short the breakfast was self services which I liked but I miss to drink tea with Made In the Streets family. Oh! they have rabbits, fish and dogs, but they don't have Emily and Susan (MITS cows), they don't have goats and chicken. It is funny that I am just in the beginning of my second day and the way I miss everyone in Made In the Streets. I will tell you guys more. Let me send my love to everyone at Made In the Streets,I love and pray for them I want them to know that no matter how departed our bodies may be our hearts will remain attached to one another. No matter where I am or who I am with Made In the Streets is my real family I love you guys. Take care.

Pictured is Alex and his mum and siblings.

Alex is currently attending a theological school. The school is located 1 hour far west of the city. He will be there for the next two years doing his diploma in theology. NGCS is a reputable school for leadership training and pastor-ship. We at MITS are so proud and excited for him. He will be our first student in history to attend this course.

2 comments:

Tim Lewis said...

My heart beams with pride to see how GOD is using Alex. I'm so proud of all of the Made in the Streets family. Blessings to all, Tim

chasetdavis12 said...

Alex,
I'm very proud of what you're doing with your life. I can't wait to see how God uses you in the future. When I first went to college I missed my friends and family all the time too. Know that it does get easier. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep trusting in God and he will take care of everything else.
Miss you buddy,
Chase