Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kenya 2012, Day 4. Kisumu

I love Kisumu. Its the African version of west Texas. Laid back. Hot. Dusty. Good people.

We started the morning at 4:30, getting to the airport for our flight out to Kisumu. We took off right at sunrise and the view of the Great Rift Valley was spectacular. What a way to start the day.

Lunch was at a place on the shore of Lake Victoria called Tilapia Beach. They serve whole talapia that have been dried in the sun and then fried. Its served whole on the plate and you eat it with your hands…no silverware.


Before:



After:



I spent the afternoon at RingRoad orphanage visiting with the students and taking pictures. What amazing kids. Enjoy a few pics:

How do you take a bad photo here?

I’ll post more soon.

2 comments:

Larry Wu said...

Moses,

This is one of CRF's programs in Kenya! I'm glad you could visit. Tell me what you all at MITS will be doing there and if we can partner with you? We know of some kids in dire need, I can't include them in our program, but if you are looking to expand to Kisumu, this might be a good spot. There are about 300 that could use help.

God Bless you,
Larry Wu
Director of Field Operations
Christian Relief Fund

Larry Wu said...

Moses,

Ringroad is one of CRF's programs in Kenya. I am glad you were able to visit! Is MITS planning an expansion there? If so, I know of several churches that have about 300 orphans that need sponsorship and help. I can connect you to the preacher that is looking for some help.

God Bless your work

Larry Wu
Director, Field Operations
Christian Relief Fund