Monday, March 31, 2014

We all about great food @MITS

Today I was teaching about the temptations of Jesus in the Bible class. We read that Jesus went for forty days and forty nights without food. One of the students said, “That’s hard!”
said Salim . He remembers when he was new in Nairobi and did not know where to get his next meal." I also did not understand “sheng”(slang) and so I went without food for days. It was so hard for me. When my friends finally offered me some food, I did not think about it. “ I ate like a hog”  Salim recollects. Salim is from the Coastal region of Kenya, where they speak fluent Swahili.
Dennis Amufa also said that he remembers the days when his own mother would deny him food for a day or two.” My stomach would hurt and my body became very weak.”
Fuad recalls when he got sick at the base and no one was kind enough to share a meal with him. “For three days I just lay there. I did not have any thing to eat. Just water! I  thought I would die. When I got better I ate as much as my stomach could take. Jesus was a strong man to refuse this offer. “He added.

We are so grateful to all those who are making it possible for all these children to get good clean  food every day and even learn how to make it.


Rep. by Angie





No comments: