Saturday, October 4, 2014

Alien Sighting . . . & Student Profile



I  am  happy  to  report that  I  was  finally  able  to obtain  my  work  permit this  past  week.   If  you all remember  the  fiasco  I went through this past November  trying  to  renew my visa and eventually having  to  leave  six  weeks  before my planned departure. I am so thankful to MITS for helping  me  through this  process  and  being patient with me through all  the  trips  we  had  to make to the immigration building to check on the permit. I am also thankful  to  God  that  He  has helped  me  to  clear  this hurdle in my stay in Kenya and  that  He  will  continue to   help  me  to  overcome any  other  obstacles  that might  stand  in  my  way  in the work He has given me. 
This  permit business got  me  to  thinking  about citizenship.   You  know over  the  past  several months  there has been  a lively  debate  about  illegal aliens  crossing  the  southern border of the US. The dangers it could pose if we don’t  close  our  border, the calls from politicians to enact some form of legislation now,  the  human  side of  the  suffering  and  the role  that  people  of  Jesus play. I'm not here to enter in  to  that  discussion  and give  you  an  answer  to those problems but to explain that this is a problem that  transcends  the  USA. The  problems  that  come from  shifting  borders,  illegal aliens,those  pursuing greater  opportunity  other places,  and  those opposed to  forms  of immigration have existed for centuries. Even today in Kenya there is a problem with a porous border and  there  are those  who  mean  harm who will take advantage of that  border  to  harm  others. In Hebrews 11 we read about those heroes of faith who  acted  out  of  their faith to God and did deeds that  would  only  be  fully rewarded  at  a  time  later than  their  death.



Report by Terron




Student:Eugene Kariuki 
Favorite Subject: English, Bible
Future Skill: Catering
Current age: 14
Age when moved to base: 9
Age when came to MITS: 12
Base location: Eastleigh
Grew up: Mathare slum
Siblings: one sister named Jane Waithera (9 yrs)
Favorite Sport: Football
Favorite Team: Arsenal
Favorite player: Sanchez
Favorite Food: Rice
Favourite Movie: Transformers
Favorite Music: HipHop & Gospel
Favorite Artist: Akon
Favorite drink: Pineapple
Favorite dessert: Cake
Favorite book of the
Bible: Proverbs
Favorite passage: Proverbs 24:10 - “If you falter
in times of trouble, how
small is your strength!”
Favorite activities:
Reading story books
Goals in life:
•  My goals in life are to
become a best man in
life. I want to have a
good life, a good job
and to follow God.

No comments: