Friday, October 3, 2008

20 acres saga!

There were two people in a city. one person was rich and the other was poor. so the rich man had much wealth and the poor had almost nothing. The poor person utilized all he had to bring up his life to its standard. This poor man had one sheep that he loved so much he fed it and slept together. But the rich man had many sheep and when he had visitors, instead of getting one sheep out of his flock he went to get from the poor person.
This story quoted from the Bible about Nathan and David the king. it pictures what happened in our ministry last Tuesday at our property at 20acres land. Whereby the people whom we thought to be friends of MITS turned against us to battle with us. The assistant chief and the so called committe members mobilised people around to take over our land. This also included the area Member of Parliament(MP). Before the MP arrived the people who were around were able to talk with us humbly but afterwards things changed as if their 'god' had arrived.A lot of abuses were thrown to us: the M.P steered the group in pulling up the entire fence around the property and started digging a foundation of their secondary school which they claim is grabbed land for this purpose. After our other students arrived the bodyguards to the M.P started beatingus up! (a rumor had circualted that we were goingt o get streets guys to come and aid us in this battle, so when they saw the bus coming that is what they thought). I narrowly escaped the beating from the crowd. since I was the one taking photos and one of the bodyguard threw a spade at me, unfortunately it fell on Benjamin. Philip, Martin and I were chased by more than 15 people only wanting the camera, while Jackton sped the bus away removing it from harms way. Fatuma was hit on her arm, making it swell, while Micheal escaped narrowly from am spade which was coming to yank out his arm. He claims he know the person who almost took his arm. Victor, Benjamin and the students were taken to the hospital by Moses. I wished to do much but I thought what JESUS said about not taking revenge but pray for them.
What we had expected from the M.P never work out. we expected him first to gather information about the land.He also misused his authourity and leading people in demolishing the property worth thousands of dollars. He was also supposed to be happy about this organisation of good work done to the youth of the street. God will never forsake us. The battle belongs to the lord.
They are rich Earthly, but MITS is rich in SPIRIT. AMEN


by Abraham

(...Francis is now working on getting an injuction from the courts to stop any attempts of building and tresspassing on our property. The police were helpful and dispatched a photographer to come and take photos for more evidence. All of us involved also went to the local police station to record our statements as adviced by the lawyer, Robin and Nzioka have made signs for putting at the 20 acres showing that it is still the property of street children... Let me take this chance to thank you all our readers, for the prayers, and you thinking of us and our welfare. It really touches and warms our hearts knowing that you think of us and love us so much. Let us continue being in prayer about this matter....Moses)

4 comments:

Darren Wilson said...

Abraham,

My heart aches when I read of the things that happened earlier this week and think about what it must have been like for you guys. We have been keeping ourselves in prayer for you daily. God is at work through you in this situation. Rest assured that it is Him who gives you strength, humility, patience, kindness, courage and wisom. Through Him all things are possible. Keep in mind that you have an extended family over here that cares for you and prays for you daily. God's glory will be shown through this conflict some how. Continue to love and pray for your enemies, while you do what is right for the students. God bless you all.

Hawkeye fan said...

To all the mits staff: you are in our thoughts and prayers(as always)but now we are praying for your safety and for God to work thru the court system to preserve the land for mits. As Darren said, there are many in our country praying for you.

gloria christine said...

I am so thankful that the Lord protected you all. May He give you wisdom and strength and perseverence, and enough grace to love these people more despite the hurt they've inflicted upon you. I pray for a fast resolution so you all can rest and be at peace.

zach and molly greenlee said...

Hello Family!
I do not know how to begin except with thank goodness everyone is going to be ok. I had not read the blog this week, so I did not find out about the 20 acres saga until this morning when I saw Tim Lewis at church. My stomach turned upside down and I felt sick. I have not had a feeling like this is such a long time. If there is ever a problem I am so used to getting up and going to visit. Today, I cannot do that. I must sit here with Zach and just pray. I wish so much I could see your faces and feel your hugs, but instead I will pray. I must admit, I am angry at the people who did this. I have not been able to find the forgiveness that you have written about on the blog. I do not understand how someone can think this is ok. I am so mad that they tried to hurt the people that I love. I know that I must forgive them, so I will have to pray that God will help me with this. Please know that you have so many people here praying for you. I will be praying for your safety, physical and emotional healing, forgiveness, and that the courts will react appropriately to this situation. I hope you have a much better week.