Tuesday, February 24, 2009

News about the salon

This month I have Mercy Kisya, Mary Muthoni and Eunice Wambui who are learning hairdo and working at the same time. Mercy and Mary spend most of the time at the salon since Eunice helps partly at the uniform shop.
In our lesson we learned how to shampoo different textures of hair and I am glad because my students can do clients hair without supervision or even whenever am busy attending to a different client.
I took Susan Wambui for a medical check up at the hospital and when I came back I was amazed to find that Mary Muthoni was braiding and Mercy Kisya was shampooing a clients hair (Susan is doing great). It was a good start and I complimented them and encouraged them to continue with the same spirit and the confidence they had. The results was so perfect and the clients were so satisfied with the work done, they also brought back a new client.


By Maggy

1 comment:

Hawkeye fan said...

Dear Maggy, When we were there last fall I saw the girls doing each others' hair. It seemed like someone was getting their hair done each evening. I am glad Susan's check-up came back so well. Please tell those girls you mentioned that they are in my prayers. I encourage you to continue to work with them and lead by your fine example...Larry