Tuesday, February 24, 2009

social studies

I thank God so much being back from my maternal leave for He blessed us with a gift of a baby girl-Angel Amaria. I also thank the team members for their co-operation.
I found new subjects added in the program and was assigned to teach Bible and the Social Studies which is quite an interesting subject which has so much to learn about our day to day life and how to live safe in the society. In my social studies with literacy one class, I taught them how to draw and name the parts of a bicycle, drawing the road signs and this was an interesting lesson because it jogged the student's minds when drawing and also learned to name the bicycle parts.
The following day all the students were able to name at least eight parts of the bicycle and also drew some of the road signs.

by Renee Mbithe.

No comments: