Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lindsey in class!

Howdy!! When I first arrived in Kenya, I had no idea the Lord had prepared for me to do, but I quickly discovered that it was what I am best at….teaching. I am currently a senior from Texas A&M University, majoring in Early Elementary Education. It has been such a blessing for me to be able to bring the very talents and skills that the Lord has given me to use here at the Made in the Streets. During our time here, I was not only able to direct and instruct classes, but I was also able to assist the teachers in creating effective lesson plans. While in the classroom, I was amazed at how intelligent the students are. Specifically in the Science class, the students here were learning the same material that I was taught this past semester in my Biology course at the University. They were so eager to learn and it was such a joy to be a part of where the Lord is at work!


Written by: Lindsey Byers

No comments: