Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Garbage cleaners.

Everyone was fired up and excited especially because we were going to do something good for our community and the environment. We paired up in two's and had a big Gunia( sack). Our mission--collect all papers, fill our bags and burn them. This was an important exercise for both the team and the students because most people in our community throw papers all over. Even polythene bags litter our streets and choke plants.
I was paired with Frederick and we walked a distance of about 500 meters. Within such a short distance, our bag and two others were so full. While we were collecting, some people from the neighborhood would pass by and comment that we were doing something good. Some of the comments were encouraging as a group of women who said in Kikuyu--" Nikurathera "
(meaning--Its really getting clean). They had seen all this trash and it seemed not to bother them, but when we picked it up, they really did see a difference.

If anything, just to hear that we made our community cleaner was good enough. We hope to keep finding more opportunities to make a difference.

Mbuvi.

1 comment:

da momma said...

Moses, I will invite you to my blog...I hope you know how to read private blogs...I remember you from my 1998 trip to Eastleigh. I was with the AFC, my name is Whitney Coker. I hope you remember me!! Im so proud of you and your daily service for the Lord! HUGS, whitney